3 Jan 2018

At whose feet do we lay our gifts

As we start a new year there can be good intentions to make this year different. These intentions often focus in taking control of an aspect of our life or undertaking a project which will make a real difference. There is an urge in us that wants to be relevent to our current age. We want to be noticed and taken seriously.
However, we often discover our intentions finding resistance either within ourselves or from others. There appears to be this conflict which says do this but be that. This contradiction often leaves us into backing down from what we truly want. Yet if we place ourselves at the mercy of others opinions or thoughts we can often end up doing nothing. I think the question is who are we trying to please or impress?
This question can lead us to a deeper reflection of who brings meaning to our lives? When we ponder this question we start to see life differently. It is not just what I do but what I seek to become. By becoming who I am called to be I discover what I am called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment